Attorney John C. (Jack) Zinda | Zinda Law Group
John C. (Jack) Zinda
John C. (Jack) Zinda is the founder and senior trial lawyer at Zinda Law Group.
Jack has served as lead attorney on a wide range of complex catastrophic injury cases across the United States, including:
- Fire death cases
- Gas explosions
- Wrongful deaths
- Governmental torts, including wrongful death cases caused by law enforcement
- Federal tort claims act cases
- Traumatic brain injury cases
- Commercial litigation
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Premises liability
- Interstate 18-wheeler collisions
- Product liability
As a trial attorney, Jack takes tremendous pride in giving a voice to individuals and families who need help battling Fortune 500 companies and large insurance conglomerates. His firm balances aggression with strategy to maximize the outcome for clients, and every case is handled with a focus on getting ready for trial.
He also knows the importance of communicating with his clients and ensures that they are part of the process. He is dedicated to always putting the needs of his clients first.
A native Texan, Jack graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business and political science from Southwestern University, where he distinguished himself as president of the Interfraternal Council and as a member of the Student Congress, the Student Judiciary, Phi Delta Theta, and the Pirates basketball team.
Jack went on to earn his juris doctorate from the prestigious Baylor University School of Law, which is perennially ranked as one of the top law schools for trial advocacy in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. While there, he was one of the finalists in the Bob and Karen Wortham Practice Court Competition.
Over the years, Jack has earned a reputation as a thought leader in the legal industry, and he has been featured as a speaker for numerous groups across the country, including the Brain Injury Association of Texas, the Williamson County Bar Association, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
Jack has also benefited his professional community through leadership positions in a variety of legal organizations. He has served as president of the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, as a member of the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and as a member of the American Association for Justice, the Texas Bar Association, the Austin Bar Association, and WCBA. He is also involved with a number of consumer advocacy organizations.
Zinda Law Group believes in the importance of giving back to the community. The firm has been involved in sponsorships and fund-raising for a variety of charities and nonprofits, including CASA, the Central Texas Food Bank, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD), and many other organizations.
In all his endeavors, Jack is guided by his faith and his family. He is blessed with the love and encouragement of his wife, Melissa, and he takes tremendous pride in their two sons, Jackson and James. He is also a member of Tarrytown United Methodist Church.
• New Mexico
• Catastrophic Personal Injury
• Wrongful Deaths
• Insurance Bad Faith
• Aviation Injuries
• 18-Wheeler Accidents
• Gas Explosions
• Oilfield Injuries
• Traumatic Brain Injuries
• Automobile Accidents
• Dog Bite
• Premises Liability
• Burn Injury
• Defective Products and Drugs
• Medical Malpractice
• Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in Texas, National Trial Lawyers Assoc. 2012 – 2013
• Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters Corporation, Texas Rising Star: 2009, 2011 – 2018
• Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
• Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
• 10 Best Under 40, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
• Clients Choice Award, AVVO Corporation: 2013-2016
• Top Attorney Personal Injury, AVVO Corporation: 2013 – 2016
• The National Trial Lawyers’ Trucking Trial Lawyers Association – Top 10, State of Texas (2016)
• The National Trial Lawyers’ National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association – Top 25, State of Texas (2016)
• Inc. 5000 (2018) awarded by Inc. Magazine for being one of the 5000 fastest growing companies in the Nation
Leadership & Memberships:
• President, Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association (CATLA)
• Board of Advocates Chair, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
• Board of Directors, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
• Executive Committee, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
• Trucking Litigation Group, American Association of Justice (AAJ)
• Brain Injury Litigation Group, American Association of Justice (AAJ)
• Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
• Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association
• Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA)
• Tarrytown United Methodist Church
Publications & Presentations:
• Rideshare Litigation – Capital Area Trial Lawyers – 2018 Monthly Meeting
• Common Legal Issues Facing People with T.B.I. – Brain Injury Association of Texas – 24th Annual Conference
• Cross Roads of Personal Injury and Family law – Williamson County Bar Association – Monthly Meeting
• Texas Automobile Insurance Policy – Williamson County Bar Association – Spring CLE, 2010
• Common Legal Issues for persons with Brain Injuries – Brain Injury of Texas Annual Meeting – 2011
• Speaker’s Bureau – Mothers’ Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
• Baylor Law School, JD
• Southwestern University, BA
• Trial Advocacy College of Texas
• Advanced Deposition College
1. 18-Wheeler / Wrongful Death: A good Samaritan was killed when attempting to help a stranded motorist. The police originally faulted the good Samaritan, but Zinda Law Group conducted an extensive investigation and was able to establish the driver was distracted at the time, allowing the firm to recover the maximum amount available from the insurance of the 18-wheeler driver.
2. 18-Wheeler / Wrongful Death: A young woman was killed by an 18-wheeler while driving with her young daughter. Through a detailed investigation conducted by Zinda Law Group, it was discovered that the vehicle was overloaded with cargo, which led to the collision.
3. Wrongful Death / Construction Accident: A father was tragically killed while working on a construction site. The foreman on the job failed to provide basic safety equipment and initially denied fault. Through an aggressive litigation strategy, Zinda Law Group was able to interview eye-witnesses and review video footage that verified the employer was providing an unsafe work environment.
4. Wrongful Death – Gas Explosion: Propane Gas company Compensates Family – A propane gas company did not properly install a propane tank, which led to a leak and to the eventual destruction of a home, the death of one family member, and serious injury of several others. Soon after litigation started, the propane company quickly agreed to the settlement demand made by Zinda Law Group.
5. Wrongful Death Truck Accident: Settlement Reached in Death Caused by Negligent Trucking Company: A large commercial truck ran a red light, disregarding the safety of other drivers on the road. The truck slammed into another vehicle, killing the passengers. The truck driver initially said that he did not run the red light. Through a thorough investigation, it was established that the truck driver had indeed ran the red light. Jack Zinda successfully represented one of the passenger’s families and was able to hold the responsible truck driver and his company accountable.
6. 18-Wheeler / Traumatic Brain Injury: Truck Driver Over Service Hours Causes Crash – An 18-wheeler truck was driving down a major interstate and rear-ended another vehicle, catastrophically injuring one of the passengers in the vehicle. The person injured spent several weeks in the hospital and required multiple surgeries. Initially, the trucking company denied responsibility for the wreck. The victim hired Zinda Law Group, which immediately performed an inspection of the truck. It was discovered the driver had been over their hours of service as well as had several portions of the truck out of maintenance. Zinda Law Group filed suit and aggressively pursued the case, taking several depositions and hiring experts. Several weeks prior to trial, the Defendants relented and settled the case for several times the medical bills of the Client.
7. Auto Product Liability (Roof Crush): Paralysis / General Motors: A mother was left paralyzed after a car accident in a General Motors vehicle. After hiring world-class experts, Zinda Law Group discovered that the vehicle was defective and that had led to the injuries.
8. Child Wrongful Death / Product Liability: A three-year-old child was tragically killed by an unsafe toy, Jack Zinda represented the family and successfully advocated for safety features being added to the product, ensuring other families would not suffer the same tragedy.
9. Wrongful Death – Motor Vehicle Collision: Settlement Received by Family of Roll Over Accident Victim A young woman was involved in a roll-over car accident in which she was injured and the young woman’s father was killed. Jack Zinda represented the client and recovered the maximum amount available from the insurance of the responsible party.
10. Dump Truck Accident / Wrongful Death: Dump Truck Tips Over In Fatal Accident – Inexperienced trucking company and driver raised a rear-end dump trailer that tipped over and crushed our client, killing him instantly. The company and driver did not clear the area or warn the public of the dangers of what they were doing. Our firm was able to recover the maximum amount of insurance available from the trucking company.
11. Truck Accident/ Wrongful Death: Compensation for Family of Victims Killed by Distracted Driver – A speeding and distracted commercial vehicle driver slammed into a stopped car with a family inside, killing the mother and father and severely injuring their child. The victims’ family turned to the experienced personal injury attorneys at Zinda Law Group, who quickly secured compensation for two wrongful death claims, as well as for the medical expenses of the surviving passenger.
12. Wrongful Death / Gas Explosion: Gas Distributor Agrees to Confidential Settlement: In a highly contentious case, a gas distributor agreed to settle the claims of the estate of a woman who died in a gas explosion.
13. Wrongful Death – Pedestrian: UT Student – Zinda Law group successfully represented the family of a former UT student who was tragically killed by driver in a hit and run. The driver initially denied responsibility and claimed they had hit an animal. In coordination with law enforcement, Zinda Law Group was able to establish liability and ensure that the Defendant was prosecuted for what occurred.
Attorney information from photo 1:
(Pictured from left to right; asterisk implies licensed attorney)
Michael Cupero*, Ryan Toomey*, Burgess Williams*, Kevin Howard, Rian Butler*, Kate Howard, Jack Zinda*, Jared Jones, Madeline McLean, Christie Feyen*, Ben Potts, Krista Olcott, Jason Aldridge*, Riley Aldridge, Grey Aldridge, Case Johnson
Stefani Preston*, Vivian Howard, Ryan Taylor, Jackson Zinda, Catherine Ammon, Melissa Zinda, James Zinda, Kelly Alexander, Jessica Johnson
Attorney information from photo 2:
Jackson Zinda, Melissa Zinda, James Zinda, Jack Zinda*
The day we walked into the law office of Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered. I would recommend Jack Zinda and Joseph Caputo to anyone.
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into the law office of Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered. I would recommend Jack Zinda and Joseph Caputo to anyone. They are as personable as they are great at what they do. They were caring and trustworthy and went above and beyond to help us solve our legal issue as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The care and passion that they expressed to me and my husband was like no other.
Over the past 3 years, Jack and the staff of Zinda Law Group, became part of my family and my life. The care and passion that they expressed to me and my husband was like no other. Jack was an attorney that was there for the tears and heartache. Jack always had a positive word or expression and Jenni his paralegal is a God Send.
My experience with Jack Zinda was amazing!
My experience with Jack Zinda was amazing! He and his staff kept me informed about dealing with the insurance company for the other driver- I would have been at a loss to do it myself. Right through to the settlement of my case, I felt I had the advice I needed to make good decisions. There was more than 100% effort made on my behalf. I hope I am never in another accident, but if it happens again – I wouldn’t go anywhere else and I recommend them to others. I can’t even say how I appreciate their help.
I have recommended him to friends and coworkers and wouldn’t hesitate to call him again for any legal issues that occur.
Over the past six years Jack has helped my husband and I with several legal matters. Dealing with insurance companies can be a nightmare. Jack and his firm cut through all of the red tape and we were able to receive an equitable settlement for an automobile accident that paid our medical bills and gave us some breathing room financially. He also helped us navigate the murky waters of a civil lawsuit dealing with some family property. We have trust his ethics and have never had a phone call go unanswered. Jack was empathetic and professional. I have recommended him to friends and coworkers and wouldn’t hesitate to call him again for any legal issues that occur.
“There ARE Some Really Honest, Helpful Lawyers!”
“Over the past six years Jack has helped my husband and I with several legal matters. Dealing with insurance companies can be a nightmare. Jack and his firm cut through all of the red tape and we were able to receive an equitable settlement for an automobile accident that paid our medical bills and gave us some breathing room financially. He also helped us navigate the murky waters of a civil lawsuit dealing with some family property. We have trust his ethics and have never had a phone call go unanswered. Jack was empathetic and professional. I have recommended him to friends and coworkers and wouldn’t hesitate to call him again for any legal issues that occur.”
– Former Client
“Caring And Passionate There For The Tears And Heartache”
“Over the past 3 years, Jack and the staff of Zinda Law Group, became part of my family and my life. The care and passion that they showed (expressed) to me and my husband was like no other. Jack was an attorney that was there for the tears and heartache. Jack always had a positive word or expression and Jenni his paralegal is a God Send.”
– Former Client
“My Experience with Jack was Amazing!”
“My experience with Jack Zinda was amazing! He and his staff kept me informed about dealing with the insurance company for the other driver- I would have been at a loss to do it myself. Right through to the settlement of my case, I felt I had the advice I needed to make good decisions. There was more than 100% effort made on my behalf. I hope I am never in another accident, but if it happens again – I wouldn’t go anywhere else and I recommend them to others. I can’t even say how I appreciate their help.”
– Former Client